The Canadian Wolf is the latest release in the Royal Canadian Mint’s Predator Series. This beautiful coin features a leaping gray wolf. Wolves are fearless hunters that roam their territories in packs. Their intelligence and remarkably keen senses position them as the top of the food chain and the apex predator in the wild. These animals are very distinguishable from their thick bushy winter fur coat to the remarkably large size that allows them to hunt large prey in the Canadian wilderness. Once seen as a despised animal because of their propensity to attack and steal livestock from humans, the wolf is now a celebrated image of biodiversity and the resilience of the wild.
The Wolf installment in this series follows the 2016 Cougar and the 2017 Lynx. The wolf is set upon finely cut radial lines that allow the predator to pop from the coin. The Canadian artist, Nathalia Lagace designed the obverse image. This coin is made of .9999 percent pure silver and comes in a 1 troy ounce size.
- Made from .9999 fine silver with a weight of 1 troy oz
- Brilliant Uncirculated Condition
- Micro-laser engraved Maple Leaf security mark
- Individual coins ship in flips, lots of 25 ship in mint-issued rolls, lots of 500 ship in mint-issued monster boxes
- Face value - $5 (CAN)
- Obverse: The profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the inscriptions: "5 DOLLARS," "2018," "ELIZABETH II," "D.G.REGINA."
- Reverse: Depicts a leaping wolf. Inscriptions: "CANADA," "9999," "FINE SILVER," "1 OZ ARGENT PUR"
|Quality||Brilliant Uncirculated with enhancement|
|Weight (g)||1 oz|
|Presentation case (box)||In Capsule with Product Card|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.