For the very first time in 2017, the Rwanda Nautical Ounce will be launched commemorating the 525th anniversary of the discovery of America featuring the expedition's famous flagship Santa Maria.Continuing the great success of the initial release Santa Maria, the Nautical Ounce series continues with the 250th Anniversary of the HMS Endeavour. Because of the protective packaging from the mint, these coins all arrive in phenomenal condition.
The HMS Endeavour was the ship explorer James Cook commanded on his first voyage to Australia and New Zealand from 1769-1771. In April 1770 the HMS Endeavour became the first ship to reach the east coast of Australia. Continuing the voyage to New Zealand, where no European ship arrived since Abel Tasman's Heemskerck 127 years earlier, the Endeavour continued and rounded the Cape of Good Hope on 13 March 1771 to reach the English port of Dover on 12 July 1771.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Second release of the Nautical Ounce series.
- Products packaged in individual plastic wrapping. Multiples of 10 typically come in sheets.
- Obverse: Features the Endeavour in sail with a stylized compass in the background. The inscriptions "Nautical Ounce", “2018”, nautical instruments and the purity are listed along the rim.
- Reverse: Displays the official seal of Rwanda and the face value of 50 Francs.
Rwanda Nautical Ounce collection illustrates the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying Ships.
Each Silver coin in this very popular series is only minted until the next coin is released, making each coin exclusive and ensuring low mintage
|Quality||Brilliant uncirculated (BU)|
|Weight (g)||1 oz|
|Presentation case (box)||Sealed in air-tite plastic from the mint|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.