From Gul Dukat’s machinations to the Dominion War, Star Trek: Deep Space NineTM set itself apart with season-spanning story arcs and character-driven plots that resonated with Canadian fans. The sci-fi series’ eponymous space station gives shape to this 25th anniversary celebration, which mixes colour and engraving to provide an out-of-this-world view of the series’ galactic setting
- CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF Star Trek : Deep Space NineTM! This special collectible is the latest addition to our continuing tribute to the pop culture phenomenon that is Star TrekTM, whose spirit of exploration and innovation continues to inspire millions of Canadians.
- LIKE A SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM: The most famous space station in the Star Trek universe is in orbit on the obverse and reverse, where the proof finish highlights all the finely engraved details that mimic the look of a schematic diagram.
- Unlike any other coin ever produced, this incredibly unique coin was minted using a radically new edge shaping technology that allows continuation of the engraved design from the face to the rim.
- SHAPED LIKE THE STATION: Far from making the circular space station fit within the coin’s shape, we’ve altered the coin’s shape to ensure it follows the station’s contour—including the recessed docking bays!
- A dramatic serration depth 6.5x deeper than the minting standard.
Within the coin’s uniquely shaped contour, the reverse design features a highly detailed, engraved 4rendering of the space station from Star Trek: Deep Space NineTM. Officially classified by Starfleet as a “hybrid planar-columnar tri-radial structure,” Deep Space 9’s shape is defined in part by an outer docking ring that lines the coin’s edge, which is punctuated by 12 docking ports and a series of thrusters. Another defining feature, the towering docking pylons extend towards an inner habitat ring, which is linked to a spherical-shaped central core. The station’s placement allows for a largely unobstructed view of the full-colour image that fills the field, where the Bajoran wormhole (top left) adds a bright swirl of colour to the snapshot of the Bajoran system. A different view of the series’ galactic locale is featured on the obverse, where a fine colour outline augments the engraved legend. The space station is also engraved on the obverse, where it frames the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
|Weight (g)||30.75 g|
|Presentation case (box)||Yes|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.