For the very first time in 2017, the Rwanda Nautical Ounce will be launched commemorating the 525th anniversary of the discovery of America featuring the expedition's famous flagship Santa Maria. Because of the protective packaging from the mint, these coins all arrive in phenomenal condition.
La Santa María de la Inmaculada Concepción (Spanish for: The Holy Mary of the Immaculate Conception), or La Santa María, originally La Gallega, was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage. Her master and owner was Juan de la Cosa.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- First release of the Nautical Ounce series.
- Coin comes in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Features the Santa Mariain sail with a stylized compass in the background. The inscriptions "Nautical Ounce", “2017”, nautical instruments and the purity are listed along the rim.
- Reverse: Displays the official seal of Rwanda and the face value of 50 Francs.
Rwanda Nautical Ounce collection illustrates the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying Ships.
Each Silver coin in this very popular series is only minted until the next coin is released, making each coin exclusive and ensuring low mintage
|Quality||Brilliant uncirculated (BU)|
|Weight (g)||1 oz|
|Presentation case (box)||Sealed in air-tite plastic from the mint|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.