The reigning king of the skies, the bald eagle is at home in some of Canada’s wildest and most magnificent landscapes — including the coastal setting on the reverse, where engraving and multiple colour technologies combine like never before to create an instant day-to-night transformation.
INCLUDES A BLACKLIGHT FLASHLIGHT!
- A GLOWING celebration of Canada’s scenic wilderness and its largest bird of prey.
- NEVER SEEN BEFORE: The careful layering of engraved elements with colour technologies and a blacklight effect adds unprecedented complexity to a scene that can instantly transition from day to dusk.
- COMES WITH A BLACKLIGHT FLASHLIGHT: When viewed in the natural light, the reverse features a daytime scene filled with summer sunlight that heightens the colours of the sky and the eagle. When viewed under a blacklight (included), a glowing sunset dramatically paints the sky and adds longer shadows to the surface of the water below.
- TRANSLUCENT ENAMEL mimics the look of the blue sky reflecting on the water.
- COMPLEX ENGRAVING is a constant and brings the landscape to life, with different frostings that convey distance and mimic shade cast by passing clouds.
- STRATEGIC LAYERING: The water element brings all the technologies together, with shadows and a glowing sunset painted onto the transparent blue enamel, which colours the engraved underwater view.
- SIMPLY STUNNING: A gorgeous addition to any nature-, wildlife- or Canadiana-themed collection, and a spectacular gift for any art appreciator
Set over Canada’s Pacific coastal waters, the reverse image by Julius Csotonyi evokes a sense of awe and reverence for both the bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) and its coastal habitat. The multi-layered design depicts a sunny, summer day along the rocky shoreline, where the engraved evergreen trees reach for the blue-coloured sky overhead. Talons at the ready, a bald eagle swoops low over the shallow water, where translucent blue enamel stands in for the sky’s reflection without obscuring the underwater view. When viewed under a blacklight, the same scene transitions to dusk, as a fiery sunset lights up the sky and casts longer shadows on the water. The reverse includes the word “CANADA”, the year “2019” and the face value, “20 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.