Each coin features an iconic scene from some of the most beloved Star Trek episodes!
Pressed to name their favourite Star Trek episode, many fans are likely to choose The City on the Edge of Forever. Premiering on April 6, 1967, it is one of the series' most highly acclaimed episodes and a true television classic. The City on the Edge of Forever is frequently cited as one of the greatest TV episodes of all time. The episode was one of four Star Trek episodes nominated for a Hugo Award in 1968, and won for Best Dramatic Presentation; it would be the only television series to do so until 25 years later. It is one of several episodes that were digitally re-mastered, with changes that include enhanced shots of the planet as seen from space.
Made for the fans! An unforgettable addition to any collection, and an original gift that will be treasured and valued by the Star Trek fan in your life!
- ONE PER MONTH! SHIPPING BEGINS AUGUST, 2016!
- Coin 1: The City on the Edge of Forever (ships in August, 2016)
- Coin 2: Mirror, Mirror (ships in September, 2016)
- Coin 3: The Trouble with Tribbles ( ships in October, 2016)
- TRUE CLASSIC EPISODE SCENES! Your coin series features pivotal scenes from some of the most beloved episodes of The Original Series!
- Your coins are part of our celebration of the 50th anniversary of Star Trek—a television series that is beloved by generations of Canadians, and whose vision of the future helped inspire innovation in our time!
- The past meets the present in the design: Detailed engraving and cutting-edge finishing technologies bring the characters and setting to life, while the Star Trek font adds an authentic vintage feel to this tribute.
- EACH COIN 99.99% PURE SILVER! Your coins are crafted from 99.99% pure silver, with a limited mintage worldwide.
- An official licensed product approved by CBS Studios.
Second coin: Mirror Mirror "SPOCK & MCCOY"
The reverse design recreates a key scene from the memorable 1967 Star Trek episode. Selective colour enhances the engraved image of an alternate version of Mr. Spock (portrayed by Leonard Nimoy) performing a Vulcan mind meld on Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy (portrayed by DeForest Kelley). McCoy bears a fearful expression while Spock sports an uncharacteristic goatee and altered uniform—evidence that the away team is in a mirror universe where their fellow crew members are behaving very differently.Engraved in a special Star Trek font is the word "CANADA", the face value "20 DOLLARS" and the year "2016".
Did you know…
- The City on the Edge of Forever is frequently cited as one of the greatest TV episodes of all time.
- The episode was one of four Star Trek episodes nominated for a Hugo Award in 1968, and won for Best Dramatic Presentation; it would be the only television series to do so until 25 years later.
- It is also the only Star Trek episode to win a Writers Guild of America (WGA) Award.
- It is one of several episodes that were digitally re-mastered, with changes that include enhanced shots of the planet as seen from space.
- After several script changes, filming took just a little over a week in February 1967 and cost considerably more than the average budget for an episode; in fact, it was the first season's most expensive episode produced.
- Composition: 99.99% pure silver
- Finish: Proof
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Edge: serrated
- Certificate: serialized
- Face value: $20
- Mintage: 11,500