Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek
"...To boldly go where no man has gone before."
– Captain James T. Kirk
Since its television debut, Star Trek's imaginative storylines have brought fans on an incredible journey through time and space. Kirk, Scotty, Uhura, and Spock—they served as our fictional trailblazers in an exciting new frontier that seemed as boundless as our imaginations. Guided by the Prime Directive and a spirit of discovery, the adventures of the U.S.S. Enterprise and her crew introduced viewers to more than 70 different new worlds while encountering nearly as many alien species.
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek—a television series that is beloved by generations of Canadians, and whose vision of the future helped inspire innovation in our time! Subscribe today before they're all gone!
- Coin 1: Captain Kirk (ships in May, 2016)
- Coin 2: Scotty ( ships in July, 2016)
- Coin 3: Uhura ( ships in August, 2016)
- Coin 4: Spock (ships in September, 2016)
- EACH COIN IS 99.99% PURE SILVER! Contrasting finishes enhance the intricate engraving, while vibrant selective colour captures the likeness of each Star Trek character in 99.99% pure silver.
- STUNNING CUSTOM BOXES! Each coin is encapsulated and enclosed in a stunning custom box! Durable yet lightweight, the colourful packaging boasts a contemporary design and features an illustrated portrait of each Star Trek character alongside the Star Trek 50th anniversary logo.
- A one-of-a-kind addition to any collection and an unforgettable gift that will be treasured and valued by the Star Trek fan in your life!
- An official licensed product approved by CBS Studios.
Fourth coin: First Officer SPOCK
His alien origins reinvented a small community in Alberta, while his iconic salute and unique wisdom have made him one of the most respected characters of the Star Trek universe. As the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, this fine silver coin pays tribute to the wisdom of Spock and features the futuristic phaser introduced in The Original Series.
- Composition: 99.99% pure silver
- Finish: Proof
- Weight (g) 15.87
- Diameter (mm) 34
- Edge: serrated
- Certificate: serialized
- Face value: $10
- Mintage: 12,500
NEXT in Series: