The breed’s name comes from its original home in the English-Scottish border region where the dogs were developed from the 1700s to herd livestock, particularly sheep. With their boundless energy, eagerness to please and ability to quickly learn new tricks, border collie puppies love playing with their owners, especially if it involves a ball or a Frisbee.
- Second In A Series Of 5 Coins
The second release in the adorable new Puppies series features a border collie. Renowned as one of the most intelligent dog breeds, border collies have been among Australia’s most popular pets for decades.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a display box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Queen Elizabeth II above the face value, weight and purity.
- Reverse: Features a border collie puppy sitting with a red Frisbee in its mouth while holding up a paw as if ready for a game of fetch. In the background is a stylised representation of a rural backyard with a farm gate and field flowers. The inscription "BORDER COLLIE" and The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark also appear in the design...
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
|Weight (g)||1/1 oz|
|Presentation case (box)||Yes|
REWARD POINTS: Earn Dazzling Point (equal to an item cost) with our loyalty program; to be converted into a voucher for a future purchase.